Welcome Teachers, Educational Assistants and Administrators!
Below are links to websites that may assist you or your professional learning community group along your literacy journey. Please feel free to contact me with any additional sites that you would recommend. Don't forget to check out the Professional Development opportunities in the calendar link on this page.
- Alberta Education – great short videos on literacy today
- University of Calgary Wiki – extensive literacy resource links
- The Internet Public Library (ipl2) -Kid’s Reading Zone – 49 resources including podcasts of fables, series website links such as Nancy Drew, Clifford, Nate the Great, Junie B. Jones, The Edge, Magic Treehouse, and author websites such as Canadian author Karlene Bradford.
- Ipl2 – Teen Reading and Writing – 60 resources including zines (online magazines), teen reading lists and recommendations, and author pages such as Jack London.
- Balanced Literacy Diet – literacy theory, lesson plans, virtual classroom tours, and videos
- Supporting Families as Collaborators in Children’s Literacy Development
- Think Literacy – Gr. 7 – 12 resources, lesson plans and videos
- Read Aloud Book Titles for K-Gr. 7 by Lynda Hoyt - Check out the lesson matrix link for more teaching info
- Eworkshop by Ontario Ministry of Education - literacy modules with information and video-clips on topics such as running records, shared reading, guided reading, and independent reading – uses a scaffolded model of learning – overview, tell me, show me, and let me try
- Curriculum Services Canada - great video-clips about literacy and numeracy featuring best practices and leading authors/experts
- Ministry of Education Newfoundland and Labrador - great videos about aspects of comprehensive literacy